Truck Accident Information & Truck Accident Lawyers In Washington
Obtaining compensation for injuries sustained in a truck accident in Washington could be a complicated process. A Washington truck accident lawyer can help you get through the process and investigate the case to see if there are any extenuating circumstances, which could result in you receiving a higher settlement. There is also a statute of limitations regarding filing suits for compensation claims in Washington, which is why you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible.
Some of the ways in which a Washington truck accident lawyer can help you with your compensation claim include:
- Negotiating with the insurance company. The first offer of a settlement is usually lower than what the insurance company is actually willing to pay. A lawyer is skilled in dealing with truck accident cases and will know whether the amount is suitable for your case.
- Retaining expert witnesses. The lawyer will interview any witnesses to the accident and get statements that are admissible in court. The lawyer is also able to interview police officers and medical doctors so that he/she has all the facts surrounding the accident and your injuries.
Under the laws of Washington, if the truck driver or trucking company was responsible for the accident, they have an obligation to pay compensation. Since the process of determining the amount of this compensation and dealing with insurance companies is complicated, hiring a Washington truck accident lawyer will make things a lot easier for you. The person at fault in the accident is responsible for paying for:
- Any lost wages- past, present, and future
- Repairing the damages to your vehicle
- The cost of hiring someone to do your regular household chores when you are unable to do them yourself due to your injuries
- Any permanent scarring or disability
- Compensation for your pain and suffering, including emotional distress
- Any changes in your occupation due to your injury
Thank you for choosing Lawcore.com!
Grays Harbor County
Pend Oreille County
San Juan County
Walla Walla County
Unable to select database